Hinshaw's Professional Liability Practice attorneys have substantial experience in handling the shareholder and employment claims that are commonly made against directors and officers of both public and private companies. This practice falls within a broader range of expertise in representing fiduciaries and others named in their official capacities as members of governing boards and governmental agencies. Thus, we have frequently represented directors and officers of nonprofit mutual benefit associations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
We commonly represent directors of homeowner associations and other private self-governing boards. Additionally, we represent elected and appointed government officials on a wide variety of claims arising out of their service. We are also frequently appointed by insurers that issue management liability policies to charitable organizations, cities, private companies, and counties and towns. Similarly, we serve as counsel for insurers that underwrite fiduciary liability policies issued to bankruptcy trustees and receivers, pension trustees, registered investment advisors, title and escrow agents, trust companies, and other fiduciaries.
- May 2, 2019Six Attorneys, One Paralegal, and Two Law Clerks Led By Rory Eric Jurman Join Hinshaw
- November 28, 2018
- January 3, 2017The Daily Journal
- March 23, 2015
- January 28, 2020Hinshaw Alert
- May 8, 2014Professional Lines Alert
- Insurance Agent had Special Duty to Advise Dental Practice About its Insurance Coverage and to Procure Full CoverageMarch 13, 2014Professional Lines Alert
- Insurance Producer's Complaint for Judicial Review of License Revocation Dismissed for Failure to Exhaust Administrative RemediesFebruary 20, 2014Professional Lines Alert
- May 6, 2013Professional Lines Alert
- Insurance Agency Potentially Liable for Use of a Cost Estimator Program to Calculate Replacement CostApril 3, 2013Professional Lines Alert