Hinshaw attorneys have decades of experience counseling banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions. Individually and collectively, they help tackle complex and general transactional, regulatory and dispute resolution activities.
Many Hinshaw attorneys have served in business and public service positions. Our ranks include a former Chief Counsel for the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation’s Division of Banking; former general and in-house corporate counsel to, and board members of, financial institutions; a founder of community banks, venture capital firms and other financial institutions; CPAs; and former business persons engaged in various industries. Our legal and non-legal experience, in combination with the personal, partner-level attention that we provide, allows us to forge enduring relationships with our clients that add value to their businesses.
Business and Regulatory Assistance We help financial services companies with the full range of business activities. Specifically, we:
- Advise on the full range of securities-related issues
- Aide with a wide variety of collection and loan workout matters
- Assist with all types of commercial lending issues, including preparing all forms of commercial lending documentation
- Assist with federal and state law compliance issues, including providing representation before agencies; develop regulatory and statutorily compliant forms, procedures, products and advertising for traditional and non-traditional products and services; and draft legally compliant documents
- Counsel on bankruptcy issues
- Develop compliance-related activities
- Draft offering documents
- Organize and secure regulatory approval for bank holding companies
In addition to representing businesses before the full range of federal and state regulatory agencies, we also assist our clients with the examination process concerning various applications. Subjects that we routinely assist with in this regard include: electronic funds transfer, equal credit opportunity, funds availability, truth-in-lending and usury.
Corporate Organization and Expansion Assistance We comprehensively represent clients in the establishment of new banks and other financial institutions. Our assistance includes handling all regulatory applications, preparing private offering circulars and helping draft bank policies.
We also have broad experience assisting financial institutions with expansionary activities. Specifically, we:
- Help with the formation of operating subsidiaries and prepare applications to obtain regulatory approval
- Develop forms and other documentation for conducting these activities and provide advice regarding relevant regulatory compliance requirements
- Help clients with the sale and purchase of loan pools, and whole loan pools and whole loan transactions
- Hinshaw Adds Five-Partner Group with Consumer Financial Services, Bankruptcy, and Commercial Litigation Experience, and Extends Southern Roots with Louisiana PresenceJuly 20, 2020Team brings diversified experience with consumer finance regulatory compliance, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and restructuring matters.
- October 15, 2019Seasoned Partner Brings Extensive Corporate, Commercial Transactions and Business Insolvency Experience
- August 20, 2019Gray Brings In-House and BigLaw Experience to Financial Services Institution Clients
- May 6, 2019
- Timothy Sullivan and Michael Morehead Explain New Fed Revision of Small Bank Holding Company Policy StatementJuly 21, 2015
- October 8, 2014
- July 29, 2020Hinshaw Alert
- July 16, 2020Hinshaw Alert
- July 13, 2020Hinshaw Alert
- Federal Reserve Expands Scope of Loan Options and Size of Eligible Businesses Under Main Street Lending ProgramJune 15, 2020Hinshaw Alert
- Hinshaw Alert
- May 27, 2020Hinshaw Alert