Hinshaw's Alarm & Security Services Industry Group provides clients full-service legal representation, including:
- Drafting and interpreting contracts and dealer agreements among companies and their clients
- Defending in litigation involving property damage and personal injury due to water, fire, criminal acts and other catastrophes
- Handling licensing requirements
- Ensuring compliance with regulations
- Handling merger and acquisition work
- Advising on insurance issues unique to the alarm and security industries
- Defending claims involving product liability issues
- Handling intellectual property issues, including trademarks and copyrights
- Representing armored truck and other secured transportation entities
- Assisting with Homeland Security Issues
Our firm is unique in that we have a national practice spanning 11 states and a dedicated team equipped to handle the industry's myriad legal needs. As a result of our firm's national footprint, we provide alarm and security services companies that have national and regional interest with a valuable consistency in approach throughout the United States. Current clients of our firm represent numerous leading companies in the industry, including Tyco International, Brink's Home Security, Alarm Detection Systems, Per Mar Security Services and ADT Security, to name a few.
We have been called upon to represent clients based in one jurisdiction, who are facing litigation in another. For instance, currently a team of lawyers from our Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale and San Francisco offices is representing an Illinois alarm company that operates a monitoring center in Florida. The alarm company is a defendant in a California suit involving a catastrophic fire that claimed the lives of four individuals near San Francisco. The fire has been the subject of consistent media and industry attention.
We also provide our clients with an Assessment Task Force that is capable of responding to the scene of a catastrophic fire, if necessary, or perform a liability analysis through remote means. Oftentimes, the immediate involvement of counsel ensures that valuable evidence is not lost and the client's interests are protected during the disorder that accompanies large-loss catastrophes.
In addition to Hinshaw's experience representing the industry in high-profile litigation, we handle a host of other legal matters for alarm and security services companies, including contract negotiations, mergers and acquisitions, labor and employment law, employee benefits, regulatory compliance, real estate and taxation, and banking and financing.
As demonstration of our prominence in the industry, Hinshaw attorneys who practice in this area have been invited to present at various national conferences, such as the ESX National Conference, Security Network of America, as well as the Defense Research Institute.
Our attorneys know that alarm and security companies have unique legal needs and that they need counsel who work together and understand the "big picture" concerning the industry as a whole and how a decision in one area of law may impact others. Hinshaw's team can offer this legal advice and deep understanding of the industry.
- November 11, 2017
- Phil Kujawa to Present on Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) Cases in Court at PERS Summit 2017September 27, 2017
- November 12, 2016
- October 23, 2015
- January 14, 2015
- November 13, 2014