Steven DiCairano defends the interests of his clients in litigation, focusing primarily on matters impacting the financial services industry. His background further includes counseling professionals—such as lawyers, brokers, and accountants—facing liability claims. Armed with significant litigation experience in both state and federal courts, Steven partners with his clients ensuring they are informed throughout the process.
Before joining Hinshaw, Steven honed his civil litigation skills with a Boston-based litigation and insurance coverage firm. He also gained experienced through a number of clerkships. In addition to serving as a law clerk for the Honorable David H. Hennessy, Chief Magistrate Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Steven clerked for the Honorable Andrew M. Mead of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
Steven is passionate about investing in the next generation of attorneys. He is currently an adjunct professor at New England Law | Boston where he teaches legal writing and research courses.
During law school, Steven was the two-time winner of the Tom C. Clark Appellate Advocacy Competition. He was also an editor of the Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy and a member of the National Moot Court team.
- Boston Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Suffolk University Law School
- Best Brief Award, Tom C. Clark Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Drafted an amicus brief on behalf of the Boston Bar Association in Rawan v. Continental Casualty Company (SJC-12691), successfully arguing that the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court should uphold "consent to settle" provisions in professional liability policies.
Steven enjoys playing soccer, watching the English Premier League, and hiking with his endlessly energetic rescue dog, Hamilton.
- Suffolk Law National Moot Court Team, Assistant Coach
J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2015
B.A., Stonehill College, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts