Stephen Ayeni defends the interests of businesses and individuals in litigation. Leveraging his wide-ranging experience, he handles disputes concerning civil rights, government liability, labor and employment law, professional liability, and commercial litigation.
Stephen's background includes representing private and public entities in employment disputes involving Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance, discrimination, retaliation, Title VII, whistleblower claims, sexual harassment, and fraud. He has also provided counsel for insurers and insureds and represented criminal in civil and criminal tax matters,
Before joining Hinshaw, Stephen maintained a diverse litigation practice and furthered his experience at the headquarters of a Miami-based firm.
During law school, in addition to his academic achievements, Stephen was involved in a number of activities and associations. He was a member of the Student Bar Association, American Bar Association, and the Sports and Entertainment Law Society. Stephen was also involved in the NSU Trial Association and served as Editor-in-Chief of the Nova Law Review.
- Broward County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
Honors & Awards
- Shepard Broad College of Law – Nova Southeastern University
- Dean's List
- Merit Scholarship
- "The Electoral College: Appendicitis of American Democracy," Nova Law Review, May 2019
- "Intentional Grounding: How the NCAA and NFL Have Engaged in Practices That Unreasonably Restrain the Football Player Labor Market," Nova Law Review, May 2017
J.D., cum laude, Shepard Broad College of Law – Nova Southeastern University, 2018
B.S., Florida State University, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida