Shalini Bhasker defends the interests of her clients in litigation, focusing primarily on matters impacting the consumer financial services industry. Her wide-ranging experience includes helping clients navigate regulatory compliance matters, focusing on the ever-evolving areas of cybersecurity, privacy, and technology.
Before joining Hinshaw, Shalini practiced at a boutique firm in Los Angeles. During her tenure, she handled cybersecurity, privacy, and white collar defense matters, as well as government investigations.
Prior to embarking on her legal career, Shalini worked for a premier computer software company in Santa Monica, California. She also spent several years as a data and operations analyst for a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented an entertainment client in civil litigation involving contract violations, fraud, and embezzlement. The lawsuit arose out of the misappropriation of funds acquired by a broker who intentionally provided lenders with false information—unbeknownst to the client—illegally acquiring funds that they then pocketed for themselves.
- Represented clients charged with conspiracy, wire fraud, money laundering, corruption, and bribery in a multi-million dollar federal investigation.
- Represented whistleblower in a qui tam matter involving the False Claims Act for the misappropriation of funds.
- Represented private investment fund managers through an SEC investigation for allegations of violating the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Securities Act of 1933, and the Investment Advisors Act of 1940.
- March 31, 2021
- March 25, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
- February 23, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
- January 27, 2021
- December 30, 2020
- November 24, 2020
- August 31, 2020