Sara Butler represents healthcare professionals in all aspects of medical malpractice defense. Sara also maintains an active practice assisting pharmaceutical and healthcare companies in navigating regulatory and legal compliance and business issues that can arise. More recently, her practice has expanded to include state and federal appeals. She seeks to fulfill each client's individual needs in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Sara was a staff attorney with the Dane County Circuit Court. Sara's background includes internships with the United States Attorney's Office in the Northern District of Illinois in the Western Division, the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the Criminal Appeals Unit of Wisconsin's Department of Justice. These experiences provided Sara with a diverse perspective on handling cases at any point in the legal process and knowledge on how to best adapt legal arguments to achieve specific goals.
- American Health Law Association
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar
Honors & Awards
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- Dean's List
- Bruce F. Beilfuss Memorial Award, 2021
- Pro Bono Society Membership and Award of Distinction, Tier Two
Outside the office, Sara enjoys visiting art museums and learning about art history. When Wisconsin weather permits, she also enjoys hiking and recreational golf.
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 2021
B.A., History and English, Carthage College, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin