Roshene Kemp advises financial services institutions in consumer financial services litigation and lender liability and creditors' rights matters. She helps defend self-insured corporations in general liability matters, where she assists clients in preventing, mitigating, and managing exposure through risk, claims, and litigation management. In helping clients avoid potential exposure, Roshene recommends efficient preventative measures to help organizations not only protect their reputations, but also continue to manage their businesses effectively.
While Roshene serves as a problem-solver for her clients, she's also a problem-preventer, helping them comply with rules and regulations. She advises clients on any potential exposure to violations of various state and federal statutes, including the:
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA);
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA);
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA); and
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Roshene also handles commercial litigation for businesses in many industries, counseling them in breach of contract and related matters. She appreciates the fact-based nature of this part of her practice and enjoys the challenge of dissecting cases, determining how things went awry, and devising sound resolutions.
Before joining Hinshaw, Roshene furthered her financial services industry knowledge and litigation experience in the New York office of a New Orleans-based firm.
- New York City Bar Association
- New York Mortgage Bankers Association
- Loan Servicing Committee
- New York State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- Cora P. Maloney Scholar
Outside of the office, Roshene enjoys traveling with her husband and taking care of her growing plant collection.
- Mark DeGarmo Dance, Board Member
J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2011
B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo, 2006
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York