Becky Bavlsik represents health care professionals in medical malpractice litigation. She also counsels health care institutions on risk management issues, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and record production.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Becky clerked for the Honorable Andrew G. Schopler in the Southern District of California in San Diego. During law school, she also externed with the Honorable Young B. Kim in the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago. Becky served as editor-in-chief of the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal, competed on and later coached her school's Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot team, and served on the Health Law Society's director's board.
- Wisconsin State Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- CALI Award in "Torts"
- CALI Award in "Property"
- CALI Award in "Law and the Life Sciences"
- CALI Award in "Insurance Law"
- CALI Award in "Intellectual Property"
- CALI Award in "Advocacy"
- CALI Award in "Legal Writing II"
- CALI Award in "Federal Income Tax"
- Dean's List
- President's Medallion
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- Co-Author, "Pandemic, Politics, Public Health, and the FDA," Belmont Law Review, April 16, 2021
J.D., summa cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2021
A.B., College Honors, Anthropology, Washington University in St. Louis, 2017