Peter Gonzales represents the interests of businesses and their owners in litigation. Committed to ensuring clients are informed throughout the process, Pete is involved in all phases of litigation, from the onset of a claim to its resolution.
Before joining Hinshaw, Pete was a law clerk and summer associate with the firm. During that time, he also worked for the Cook County State's Attorney's office, successfully trying cases to verdict in a felony courtroom.
While attending law school, Pete interned with The Walsh Group, a Chicago-based construction company. He supported the company's General Counsel and also assisted with infrastructure investment matters, including public and private partnership pursuits, legal research, and bid compilation.
Pete was an active leader during his time in law school. In addition to being elected as class representative of the Student Bar Association, he served as the president for both the Hispanic Law Student Association and the American Constitution Society.
- American Constitution Society
- Chicago Lawyer Chapter, Next Generation Leader
Honors & Awards
- University of Notre Dame Law School
- Mike McCafferty Fellow
- NDLS Chicago Kelly Fellow
- Notre Dame Law Alumni Fellow
- Co-Author, "Location, Location, Location: How Does the Question of 'Where' Impact Coverage for hacking Social Engineering, and On Premises Losses," The Fidelity Law Journal, 2020
- June 3, 2020
Pete is an avid supporter of students of color in Chicago fighting for the opportunity to succeed in life.
Additionally, Pete loves spending time with his family and dog. He enjoys running and traveling. Though he loves to travel all around the world—most recently through South America hiking Machu Picchu and the Salkantay Mountain pass—Pete also enjoys exploring Chicago and finding hidden gem restaurants throughout its neighborhoods.
- Midtown Education Fund, Auxiliary Board Member
- The Reach Out Community Center, Board Member
- University of Notre Dame
- Institute for Latino Studies Advisory Council, Young Alumni Member
- PLS Inclusion Advisory Council
J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 2019
B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois