Neda Ghomeshi represents clients in consumer financial services and commercial matters. She analyzes the financial and reputational risk exposures and settlement possibilities to provide each client with tailored solutions for their legal problems. Neda's background includes assisting in trials involving state and federal regulations, drafting custom mortgage documents, and negotiating complex settlement agreements. Involved in all phases of litigation—from drafting and arguing motions and discovery to conducting depositions and trying cases—she ensures her clients are informed throughout the process.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Neda gained invaluable litigation experience at a Miami-based firm where she worked directly with the shareholders. She also worked at a boutique corporate and securities law firm in Miami as both an associate and a law clerk.
While attending law school, Neda was very involved in the University of Miami School of Law's Investor Rights Clinic, working first as a legal intern, then later as a research assistant for Director Teresa Verges and finally, as a fellow. She was also a member of the mock trial team.
During her second year of law school, she worked for the General Counsel of Global Operations at Bacardi-Martini, Inc. In her third year of law school, she earned Honors in Litigation Skills and was also awarded a scholarship for her advocacy skills.
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Member, 2013–Present
- Table for Eight Committee, Co-Chair, 2018–Present
- University of Miami Chapter, President, 2015–2016; Treasurer, 2014–2015
Consumer Financial Services
- Trial: Obtained a final judgment in favor of her client, a national financial institution, in a case involving complex federal regulations pertaining to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA).
- Lending: Drafted numerous custom mortgage documents for a national financial institution.
- "RealPolitics 2017 and the American Political Odyssey: Film, Television, Music, and New Media in Politics," American Bar Association, Coral Gables, Florida, 2017
- "Current Legal Issues in Film and Television," Nova Southeastern University's 10th Annual Sports & Entertainment Law Symposium, Davie, Florida, 2017
- "What Every Attorney Needs to Know About Producing and Directing in Film and Television in the Age of the New Media," American Bar Association, Miami, Florida, 2017
- "Presidential Campaigns, Politics, Presidential Leadership and Television," American Bar Association, Coral Gables, Florida 2016
- "Aiming to Alleviate Anxiety Among Attorneys," Florida Association for Women Lawyers Journal, Winter 2018
- "Celebrities Dabbing with Marijuana Trademarks," Entertainment and Sports Lawyer by the American Bar Association's Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, Spring 2017
- "Dabbing into the Financial Side of Marijuana," Law360, January 13, 2017
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
Neda was born and raised in South Florida. Her family is from Iran. She enjoys reading, listening to Persian music, traveling, and zip lining in different parts of the world.
- Dade County Bar Association Resume Workshop, Volunteer
- Empowered Youth, Volunteer Tutor
J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2016
- Member, Inter-American Law Review
B.B.A., International Business and Marketing, Florida International University, 2012
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida