Lari Dierks represents clients in litigation and provides legislative analysis. She also handles issues pertaining to governmental bodies with a particular focus on regulatory compliance. Additionally, she counsels clients regarding compliance with ethical regulations at the local, state, and federal level.
As lead pension analyst for the Illinois House of Representatives, Office of the Speaker, Lari drafted numerous pension reform proposals and technical amendments to the Illinois Pension Code for state and local pension funds. She also worked with state and local funds when issues arose related to administration of pension benefits. During law school, Lari combined her technical knowledge of pension administration with her legal training to write an article that evaluated the constitutionality of consideration-based pension reform proposals. Lari now uses her extensive experience with the Illinois Pension Code to advise clients on public pension compliance and litigation matters.
During her time in a felony courtroom, Lari tried numerous bench trials, and secured a victory in a robbery jury trial. While attending law school, Lari served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Thomas L. Kilbride, Illinois Supreme Court Justice for the Third District. She was also the Managing Production Editor of the Northwestern Journal of Law and Social Policy, President for the American Constitution Society, and an active member of the Women's Leadership Coalition.
Lari is a proud member of Dierks Farms, a five generation family farm in Ava, Illinois. She brings the work ethic she learned growing up on a family farm to advocate for each of her clients and enjoys using her regulatory skills to ensure her family complies with all local, state, and federal regulations required to safely ship grass fed beef to households throughout the country.
- American Constitution Society
- Chicago Lawyer Chapter, Vice Chair
- Chicago Bar Association
- Election Law Committee, Legislative Liaison
- Illinois Legal Aid Online
- Young Professionals Board, Social Co-Chair
- Illinois Women's Institute for Leadership
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- "Why Current Illinois Consideration Based Pension Reform Proposals Still Fail," Northwestern Journal of Law & Social Policy, Spring 2018
- Hinshaw Releases Third Edition of "Student Loan Servicing Regulations: 50 State Guide on Laws and Legislation"September 4, 2019A reference guide for financial services compliance professionals
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
Lari enjoys running and travelling. Although she loves to visit places all around the world—most recently, Vietnam—Lari also enjoys exploring the neighborhoods of Chicago.
- Girls on the Run
- Personal PAC Future Voices Council
J.D., cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law, 2018
B.A., magna cum laude, Southern Illinois University, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois