Kathryn Frost advises clients in insurance coverage claims and dispute resolution in matters asserted nationwide. A proactive attorney with proven success, Kathryn collaborates with her clients and business partners to develop and implement strategies that contribute to favorable outcomes. She analyzes and litigates a wide variety of insurance disputes arising from a variety of policies—including general liability, workers' compensation and employer's liability, marine and other specialty coverages—and claims, such as mass tort, product liability, pollution and other toxic torts.
Kathryn brings nearly three decades of knowledge and experience as a civil litigator to her practice. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Kathryn was a senior litigation attorney at Chicago-based firms and also provided in-house legal counsel for several insurers. Kathryn's complex civil litigation experience began with a boutique firm in Chicago. Her legal career started at the Illinois Attorney General's Office, where Kathryn served as the Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Appeals Division.
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1989
B.A., Political Science, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan