Joseph Murphy advises clients on consumer financial services matters. He has represented individuals and businesses facing a variety of claims, including those brought under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). A former in-house attorney for a national real estate title company, Joseph has a unique perspective when it comes to defending real estate and lending matters.
Joseph's practice spans nearly a decade. He has represented clients throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island in litigation, consumer defense, real estate transactions, arbitration, corporate formations/purchases, collections and personal injury matters.
In addition, Joseph was an in-house managing attorney at the headquarters of a national real estate title company. Following the completion of law school, he was corporate counsel for a national title company, where he advised a national client and its subsidiaries on a wide-range of legal matters.
- "Rhode Island Eviction Litigation," In-House Presentation, Newton, Massachusetts, November 2015
- "Title Insurance II – The Basics of Title Policies and Endorsements," In-House Presentation for Loan Officers, Cincinnati, Ohio, August 2014
- "Title Insurance I – The Basics of Title Commitments," In-House Presentation for Loan Officers, Cincinnati, Ohio, July 2014
- "RESPA Prohibitions Against Kickbacks and Unearned Fees," In-House Presentation for Title Company Employees, Warwick, Rhode Island, July 2014
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
- Rhode Island Bar Volunteer Lawyer Program, Volunteer, 2013–Present
- Catholic Social Services, Immigration Defense Volunteer, 2009
- English Transcultural Center, Volunteer, 2006