Jorge Maza represents insurers and their insureds. He has extensive experience with a variety of claims, including handling hundreds of first party property coverage disputes. More recently, Jorge has focused his practice on third-party insurance issues. His background further includes providing coverage advice and drafting coverage opinions for commercial general liability, surety bond, and reinsurance matters.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Jorge practiced at in international firm in Miami where he helped clients navigate insurance coverage, bad faith, and commercial disputes. He also gained invaluable experience through clerkships and externships, including serving as a legal extern for Florida's Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- July 14, 2020Bringing Extensive Experience in Insurance Litigation, Bad Faith and Coverage Claims
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2011
B.A., University of Florida, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida