Jess West focuses her litigation practice on defending professionals, including lawyers, accountants, directors and officers, medical professionals, actuaries and other employee plan specialists, insurance and real estate brokers, and design professionals such as architects, engineers, and surveyors. In addition to her malpractice work, Jess also defends personal injury claims and class actions.
During law school, Jess participated in litigation and mediation activities. In addition to her academic accomplishments, she was the senior online editor and head of the marketing committee for the UC Davis Law Review.
Prior to law school, Jess was a legal assistant at a small firm in San Francisco for several years. This role gave her first-hand litigation experience and familiarity with the Bay Area’s legal community.
Honors & Awards
- University of California Davis School of Law
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, Pre-Trial Skills
Jess is a contributor to Hinshaw publications, including on cyber security issues.
- Illinois Supreme Court Holds Former Client Alleging Legal Malpractice May Recover Punitive Damages Awarded Against it in Underlying CaseSeptember 30, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
- May 3, 2022
- April 26, 2022Lawyers for the Profession®
- Illinois Court Holds Plaintiff Failed to Show Her Attorneys Mishandled Discovery or That She Would Have Prevailed in Underlying CaseApril 12, 2022Lawyers for the Profession
- February 3, 2022Law Firm Cyber Alerts
Jess is a Northern California native. She is an avid equestrian, competing nationally in hunter-jumpers throughout high school and undergrad. In her free time, Jess enjoys attempting to cook complicated recipes and volunteering for the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
J.D., University of California Davis School of Law, 2021
B.A., University of California – Davis, 2015