Jeremiah Snowden devotes his practice to defending workers' compensation claims on behalf of employers, including professional employment organizations, large third-party administrators, self-insured employers, school districts, and fire districts. He has experience resolving complex cases and conducting depositions of med-legal evaluators, treaters, and other expert witnesses.
Jeremiah handles all litigation phases, including depositions, preparing motions and pleadings, appearing at settlement conferences and hearings, preparing witnesses for trial, trying cases, and appellate work. His substantial experience in all aspects of California workers' compensation defense is an asset he uses to obtain the best possible results for his clients—with an emphasis on early, cost-effective claims resolution.
Before joining Hinshaw, Jeremiah spent nearly a decade as a sole practitioner providing disability benefits consulting and counsel on medical care management.
- LGBTQ+ Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Co-Moderator, "LGBTQ+ Employment Law Roundup," Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, CLE Webinar, June 28, 2022
- Moderator, "LGBTQ+ Employment Law Roundup," CLE Program by Hinshaw and the LGBTQ+ Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Virtual Event, June 23, 2021
- July 1, 2019
- Hair Today…Discrimination Tomorrow? California and New York Adopt Hair Style Protections, Others Surely to Follow
- Hair today...discrimination case tomorrow?
- It's Risky Business for California Employers when Scheduling Employees On-Call
- California Appeals Court Confirms Constitutionality of Piece-Rate Compensation Statute
- 7th Circuit Approves Well-Constructed Lateral Transfer As a Reasonable Accommodation
- Taking Work Restrictions Seriously: The EEOC Is Targeting “100% Healed” Policies as Systemic Disability Discrimination
- Lawful, Unlawful, or It Depends? NLRB Issues New Guidance on Employer Policies Affecting Section 7 Rights
- Labor Department Provides Guidance on Compensating Employee Travel Time
- California Court Expands Going and Coming Rule
Employment Law Observer
Jeremiah has performed and toured nationally with two improvisational comedy troupes.