Jacqueline Korn is a civil litigator, defending healthcare professionals against medical malpractice claims. Prior to joining Hinshaw, she counseled clients concerning insurance coverage litigation, including automobile and premises liability, professional liability, and commercial contracting issues.
Jacky developed a solid foundation of litigation knowledge and experience during law school as a legal extern for both the Lake County States Attorney's Office and the Boone County States Attorney's Office. Utilizing her Illinois Supreme Court Rule 711 license while working at the States Attorney's Offices, she appeared before civil and criminal judges, arguing hearings and conducting trials.
During law school, Jacky was also involved in a number of associations and activities. In addition to being a mentor in the Women's Law Caucus, Jacky was an active member of Phi Alpha Delta, serving as the organization's treasurer. She was also selected to compete in the National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition in San Francisco, and also participated in a number of internal Moot Court and Mock Trial competitions.
Before beginning her legal career, Jacky worked in the enterprise cabling and security solutions industry in the Chicagoland area, creating security solutions for data centers nationwide.
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Health Care Section Council, 2020 – 2021
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Committee, 2019 – 2020
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
Honors & Awards
- Northern Illinois University College of Law
- Dean's List
- Co-Author, "Airbnb Room Sharing Results in Section 1983 Claim," IDC Quarterly, First Quarter, 2020
- "Within Hospital Walls: Vicarious Liability in Medical Malpractice," DCBA Brief, The Journal of The DuPage County Bar Association, November 2019