Jacob Aleknavicius advises clients on labor and employment matters, including those concerning the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), and the Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA). He is also knowledgeable in the area of antitrust law and has assisted with commercial litigation cases.
With experience that includes legal research and drafting motions, orders, and final judgments, Jacob is involved in all phases of litigation, ensuring clients are informed each step of the way.
Before joining Hinshaw, Jacob was both a law clerk and a summer associate with the firm. He gained invaluable insights and experience in these roles, as well as other clerkships.
While attending law school, Jacob was both a research assistant and a teaching assistant. He was also involved in a number of activities and associations, including the Chicago-Kent Law Review and the Moot Court Honor Society. Jacob was also the president of the Corporate Law Society. He graduated with honors and with a certificate in business law.
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in "Constitutional Law"
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in "Securities Regulation"
- Dean's List
- Order of the Coif
- "On-Demand Drivers and the Right to Collective Bargaining: Why Seattle's Ordinance does not Violate Federal Antitrust Laws," Chicago-Kent Law Review, July 2020
- March 16, 2021Hinshaw Privacy & Cyber Bytes
J.D., magna cum laude, Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, 2020
B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2017