Heather Meyers works with her clients on a wide range of consumer financial services matters. A passionate litigator, Heather has advocated for clients in state and federal courts and administrative hearings. Her background in housing and compliance gives her a well-rounded perspective when it comes to the defense of her clients. By evaluating loss mitigation alternatives and settlement offers, Heather is able to provide her clients with strategies and cost-effective solutions tailored to their situation.
Throughout her legal career, Heather has focused on working with clients on housing-related issues. Most recently before joining Hinshaw, she was the senior housing attorney for Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Inc. (SMRLS). Heather was also associate faculty at the Roseville, Minnesota campus of National American University where she taught the course "Paralegal Studies."
In addition to her other academic accomplishments during law school, Heather was named to the Dean's List every semester.
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- SMRLS Heart Award, given in recognition of advocacy as a housing attorney, 2016
- "VAWA Housing Rights and Protections: Identifying Clients and Remedies," Legal Services State Support CLE, January 29, 2018
- "Racial Disparity and Housing Court Expungements," Minnesota CLE, May 11, 2018
- "Heading to Housing Court: Eviction Expungement and Basics for Pro Bono Attorneys," RCBA and SMRLS CLE, October 22, 2014
- Minnesota Decision Marks Growing Split Among Federal Circuits Regarding FCRA Liability for Failure to Mark a Tradeline as Disputed Ellen B. Silverman, Heather K. Meyers
- "Estoppel on Steroids" ‒ Does the Hobbs Act Require the District Court to Accept the FCC's Rule Interpreting an "Unsolicited Advertisement" under the TCPA?
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
Heather has a passion for training for—and competing in—marathons. As a member of Achilles Minnesota, she guides visually impaired runners. Heather also enjoys plank competitions at the Minnesota State Fair and family get-togethers and is a crossword puzzle enthusiast.
- Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties (CAPRW), Board Member, 2013–Present
M.B.A., Hamline University School of Business, 2014
J.D., cum laude, Hamline University School of Law, 2009
B.A., cum laude, Gustavus Adolphus College, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota