Gary Ogden counsels landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers, developers, start-ups, and investors on virtually all manner of commercial real estate transactions. He assists clients in a variety of industries—with particular emphasis on office and retail uses—in leasing, buying, selling, developing, and financing commercial real estate in California and throughout the United States.
With over 25 years of negotiation and deal-closing experience, Gary partners with clients to help bring even the most challenging projects to fruition. On behalf of his major retail clients, Gary has handled development, purchase and sale, and license agreements, as well as reciprocal easement agreements (REAs), finance documents, and construction-related contracts. Additionally, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, he has assisted with renegotiating office leases and subleasing contracts.
Before joining Hinshaw, Gary was the principal of The Ogden Law Group in Santa Monica, California. He also previously served as in-house counsel for Broadway Department Stores. During his tenure, Gary handled high-volume leases, easements, and retail real estate developments.
- California Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
Honors & Awards
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- April 20, 2021Gary Ogden brings 25 years of In-House and Law Firm Real Estate Transactional Experience
Gary's hobbies include astronomy, piano, hiking, camping, and travel. He also volunteers as a docent for the Santa Monica Pier's historical walking tours program
- Valley Family Center, Board Chair, 2018 – Present
- Santa Monica Rotary Club
J.D., University of California Berkeley – School of Law, 1988
B.A., cum laude, Brigham Young University, 1985