Erin Fury Parkinson defends the interests of her clients in litigation. She is highly regarded for her ability to attain favorable outcomes for her clients—both in the courtroom and around the negotiation table. Passionate about her work and diligent in her preparation, Erin is known to craft creative solutions to complex problems. In each case, she is focused on the best interests of her clients and a preferred outcome.
Erin receives a significant amount of work through referrals from top insurance companies. She handles cases in a variety of areas and industries, including aviation, environmental law, and premises and product liability, as well as toxic exposure stemming from asbestos, benzene, and NORM.
As an advocate for insurers, Erin defends coverage claims made against various types of insuring agreements, including director's and officer's liability, as well as general liability, standard auto, environmental, pollution, and cyber policies. Erin also advises clients in matters concerning insurance issues in vendor and master services agreements, closing documents, and other types of contracts.
In the asbestos arena, she is known to advance aggressive defense strategies, gaining a multitude of favorable outcomes for the premises owners of petrochemical and chemical facilities and power plants. Erin also works with clients at a national level to help them find ways to seek increased transparency when it comes to asbestos settlement trusts.
Erin emphasizes civility and professionalism with everyone—from clients, to other defense counsel, opposing counsel, and the courts. She is proud of her ability to work collaboratively and places a premium on responsiveness.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America ® for Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2011 – 2021
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers list by Louisiana Super Lawyers magazine, 2018 – 2020
- Named to the "Ones to Watch" list by New Orleans CityBusiness, 2016
- Named to the "Leadership in Law" list by New Orleans CityBusiness, 2008
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- February 23, 2021Erin Parkinson brings extensive experience in insurance coverage and defense
Erin loves to spend time with her big extended family, including her six grandchildren. She also enjoys playing the piano.
J.D., magna cum laude, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 1993
B.A., magna cum laude, Loyola University New Orleans, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas