David Archer defends the interests of clients in litigation. He has experience in federal and state courts, including the Complex Business Litigation Division of Florida's Eleventh Judicial Circuit, and the Complex Commercial Litigation Division in Delaware, as well as in criminal matters and appeals.
David's diverse litigation experience includes insurance coverage actions, disputes relating to international customs interpretation, bankruptcy-related litigation and international Ponzi scheme investigation, mergers and acquisitions related, and shareholder derivative litigation, tort and insurance subrogation claims arising from plane crashes, board and internal investigations, and banking fraud.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, David was an associate at an international law and lobbying firm, and at a complex litigation and trial boutique. Before attending law school, David worked as a parliamentary lobbyist in London, Brussels, and Washington, D.C., and in business development for Diageo PLC.
- The Florida Bar
Honors & Awards
- University of Miami School of Law
- Harvey T. Reid Scholar
- Dean's Fellow in "U.S. Constitutional Law"
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement in "Financial Accounting for Lawyers"
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement in "International Law"
- The Florida Bar, International Law Section, Burton A. Landy Award Winner
David is a United Kingdom native and former Middle East expatriate who enjoys travel, aviation, watching and playing sports, and spending time with friends and family.
- British American Business Council, Vice President and Legal Counsel
J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2016
M.A., first-class honors, University of St. Andrews, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida