Daniel Wiesch has a diverse litigation practice with emphasis on the defense of medical malpractice claims. He also has experience litigating a broad range of cases including commercial litigation matters, employment disputes, products liability claims, construction defect claims, and nursing home liability claims.
He handles all phases of litigation, from pre-suit investigation to pretrial preparation, motion practice and settlements.
Daniel has a successful trial record, having obtained defense verdicts in more than 10 jury trials as lead counsel, and assisting as second chair counsel on several others. He has successfully resolved a number of claims through arbitration and mediation.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Representation of a manufacturer of lift equipment in products liability suits in California, Illinois, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Utah alleging defects in design, manufacturing and labeling.
- Representation of doctors, hospitals and nurses in medical malpractice suits in Illinois and Wisconsin through all phases of litigation.
- Representation of general and subcontractors in suits arising out of workplace injuries.
- Representation of employers in defense of claims alleging work place discrimination.
- Successfully defended a hospital in a products liability suit involving an electrocautery device.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice in a suit brought against a physician for an alleged HIPAA violation.
- Representation of a national real estate franchise in claim alleging injury as a result of mold exposure.
- Successful defense of an employer in a negligent hiring and supervision suit.
- Representation of a nursing home in a suit alleging violation of the Illinois Nursing Home Care Act.
J.D., cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 2001
B.A., Northwestern University, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois