Dana Weinstein advises individuals and businesses in the healthcare industry on regulatory and legal matters. Before joining Hinshaw, Dana was a Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Dorian K. Damoorgian and the Honorable Burton Conner at Florida's Fourth District Court of Appeal. During law school, she also gained invaluable knowledge and experience as a law clerk, working for both healthcare systems, government agencies, and law firms throughout South Florida.
As a student, Dana served as the Associate Editor of the Nova Law Review. An active Moot Court participant, she also earned first place in the oral presentation category at the 2019 National Health Law Transactional Moot Court Competition.
Prior to embarking on her legal career, Dana worked in healthcare. As a registered nurse in the emergency department for a hospital in South Florida, she provided emergency care to geriatric, adult, and pediatric patients. Given her industry-specific experience as a registered nurse, Dana has a unique understanding of what many clients are facing.
- American Health Law Association
- Women’s Healthcare Executive Network
Honors & Awards
- Shepard Broad College of Law – Nova Southeastern University
- Book Award for "Torts"
- Book Award for "Wills & Trusts"
- Dean's List
- Co-Author, "Law School Mentoring 101," Broward County Bar Association Barrister, February 2019
During the pandemic, Dana leveraged her knowledge and experience to assist at COVID-19 vaccination sites.
- Animal Rescue Shelter, Volunteer
J.D., summa cum laude, Shepard Broad College of Law – Nova Southeastern University, 2020
B.S.N., Florida Atlantic University, 2016
B.S., University of Central Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida