Christian Kohlsaat focuses his practice on domestic and international commercial litigation. He represents clients in complex matters including business torts, professional negligence and class actions.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Christian practiced at a boutique firm in Miami where he gained substantial experience in the fields of commercial litigation and arbitration. Christian has represented a diverse client base ranging from national airlines to electronic scrap companies and real estate brokers.
During law school, Christian was a member of the Eleanor R. Cristol and Judge A. Jay Cristol Bankruptcy Pro Bono Assistance Clinic, and was a staff editor for the Race and Social Justice Law Review, where he was honored as an Exemplary Member-Candidate.
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Represented U.S.-based realtor in RICO action involving allegations of theft from a financial institution in Mexico.
- Represented law firm in the defense of a malpractice claim alleging negligent estate planning of a multi-million dollar trust.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of pharmacological sales company following equipment sales company’s breach of purchase and sale agreement worth nearly half a million dollars.
- Represented shareholder in derivative suit alleging mismanagement by the officers and directors of a popular Miami restaurant.
- Obtained dismissal against individual whose identity was stolen and utilized to bilk investors out of tens of millions of dollars through fraudulent trade factoring transactions in RICO action.
- Represented subsidiary of a Spanish company in ICC arbitration involving a public-private partnership dispute.
- Represented electronic scrap company in an environmental dispute with a Florida government agency.
J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2015
B.S., Florida State University, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida