Bradley Pace focuses his practice in insurance services, with particular emphasis in maritime and aviation law. He drafts legal memorandum, motions, appeals, contracts and agreements. He is involved in all phases of the litigation process and has substantial knowledge of Jones Act claims, cargo loss, seaman's and captain's duties, limitation of liability, pollution regulation and navigable waterway rights.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Brad was a maritime law associate at a San Francisco firm. During law school, he clerked with a Miami, Florida firm where he expanded his maritime law knowledge, and also at a San Antonio, Texas firm where he gained commercial real estate law experience. In addition, Brad served as a legal intern with the Department of Transportation Maritime Administration's Office of the Chief Counsel, in Washington, D.C.
In addition to his other law school accomplishments, Brad was Managing Editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal, President of the Tulane Maritime Law Society, and Secretary of the Student Bar Association. He also became a member of the U.S. Maritime Law Association.
During his undergraduate studies Brad was an intern to U.S. Representative Pete Sessions.
Brad holds the U.S. Coast Guard Professional Mariner Master's License (Commercial Towing Endorsement and Sailing Endorsement). He also holds an FAA Airplane Pilot's License, with Seaplane, Complex, and High Power ratings.
Prior to his legal career, Brad worked in the maritime industry as a ship captain, officer, engineer, and pilot.
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
Honors & Awards
- Tulane University School of Law
- CALI Award for Excellence in "Professional Responsibility" and "Secured Transactions"
- August 4, 2015Firm expands office space in one of San Francisco's premier addresses in the heart of the Financial District
- April 24, 2015
- Hinshaw & Culbertson Adds Four Maritime Attorneys to its San Francisco Office; Continues Growth Following MergerApril 13, 2015
Brad enjoys most things having to do with water, including sailing, scuba diving, and fishing. He also spends time flying, running, hiking, and backpacking.
- Heroes and Horses Veterans Organization, Volunteer
- J.D., Admiralty & Maritime Law Certificate, Tulane University School of Law, 2014
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California