Bradley Pace advises clients in a wide range of insurance and product liability matters. He has extensive experience handling admiralty and maritime litigation and is involved in all aspects of the process from intake to resolution. Brad's background in the maritime industry as a ship captain, officer, engineer, and pilot, enables him to deeply understand the issues his clients face and provide them with solutions tailored to their situations. He has worked on cases concerning virtually all aspects of maritime including:
- vessel collisions and allisions;
- Jones Act claims;
- seaman and captain's duties;
- limitation of liability;
- longshore and harbor worker claims;
- vessel arrest; and
- navigable waterway rights.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Brad bolstered his maritime experience at firms in San Francisco and Miami. Most recently, he was an Assistant District Attorney for the San Francisco District Attorney's Office. During his tenure, his daily court appearances allowed him to further his jury trial experience.
During law school, Brad served as a legal intern with the U.S. Department of Transportation Maritime Administration's Office of the Chief Counsel, in Washington, D.C.
As a student, Brad was involved in a numbers of associations and activities. In addition to serving as the Managing Editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal, he was President of the Tulane Maritime Law Society, and Secretary of the Student Bar Association. During his undergraduate studies, Brad was an intern to U.S. Representative Pete Sessions.
Brad holds the U.S. Coast Guard Professional Mariner Master's License (Commercial Towing Endorsement and Sailing Endorsement). He also holds a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airplane Pilot's License, with Seaplane, Complex, and High Power ratings.
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Pacific Admiralty Seminar Steering Committee
Honors & Awards
- Tulane University Law School
- CALI Award for Excellence in "Professional Responsibility" and "Secured Transactions"
- August 4, 2015Firm expands office space in one of San Francisco's premier addresses in the heart of the Financial District
- April 24, 2015
- Hinshaw & Culbertson Adds Four Maritime Attorneys to its San Francisco Office; Continues Growth Following MergerApril 13, 2015
Brad enjoys most things having to do with water, including sailing, scuba diving, and fishing. He also spends time flying, running, hiking, and backpacking.
- Heroes and Horses Veterans Organization, Volunteer
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, Admiralty & Maritime Law Certificate, 2014
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California