Blerta Mileti concentrates her practice on business and commercial transactions. She assists clients with drafting and negotiating deal documents, performing due diligence, and facilitating smooth closings. Blerta's wide-ranging experience further includes handling real estate matters, lending, and other commercial agreements.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Blerta was a corporate in-house attorney with a Fortune 50 insurance and financial services company. She drafted, reviewed, and negotiated vendor contracts, including commercial leases, technology license agreements, sponsorship agreements, and various services agreements. Blerta was also in-house counsel for the U.S. Real Estate Investment and Advisory Division of a multinational life insurance, pension, and asset management company. In her role, Blerta structured commercial mortgage lending transactions, drafted and negotiated commercial loan applications, reviewed loan documents, and performed due diligence.
During law school, Blerta served as the Executive Editor for The Journal of Corporation Law. Additionally, she assisted a professor with research for the publication of a law textbook on international finance and development.
- Illinois State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The University of Iowa College of Law
- Dean's Award for Academic Excellence in "Conflict of Laws"
- "Commercial Real Estate Transactions," Drafting More Effective Contracts 2020 a State Bar of Wisconsin seminar, Madison, Wisconsin, January 24, 2020
- Note, "Why Dodd-Frank's Whistleblower Provision Blows: Its Failure to Protect Overseas Whistleblowers," The Journal of Corporation Law, Fall 2014
- College Possible Chicago, Auxiliary Board Member