Belfor Arichavala advises clients on a wide range of insurance services matters, including those involving coverage issues. Involved in all phases of litigation, Belfor works with his clients to ensure they are informed throughout the process.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Belfor was both a law clerk and a summer associate with the firm.
During law school, he also had the opportunity to work at the Centro de Derechos Humanos: Fray Bartolomé de Las Casa in San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico. While there, he assisted human rights attorneys and researched and documented conflicts among indigenous groups in Chenalho, Chiapas.
Before entering private practice, Belfor was a paralegal for three years at a boutique firm in Chicago, where he worked on a wide range of consumer bankruptcy matters.
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2018–Present
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, Member, 2016–Present
Belfor was born and raised in Chicago. His family is from Ecuador. He likes to travel and visited Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina and Cuba during his time in law school.
- World Relief Chicago, Volunteer
- The Resurrection Project, Volunteer
- DePaul University, Latino Law Student Association, Mentor
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, Mentor
- Catholic Law Students at DePaul University College of Law, President, 2017–2018
- Latino Law Student Association at DePaul University College of Law, Vice-President, 2017–2018
J.D., cum laude, DePaul University College of Law, 2018
B.A., with General Honors, International Studies, University of Chicago, 2012