Austin Kearney focuses his practice on defending clients in a variety of personal injury and property damage matters. Engaged in all aspects of litigation, Austin handles the drafting of pleadings and discovery requests, as well as various pre-trial and trial motions. In addition, he ensures his clients are prepared for depositions and is an astute advocate for them in hearings.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Austin practiced at a firm in Bloomington, Indiana, where he defended clients in insurance and personal injury matters.
As both a summer associate and law clerk during law school, Austin assisted with contract negotiations and transactional law cases. He was also an intern in the legal leasing department of a global property group, where he drafted leases and provided legal research.
- Lake County Bar Association, Member, 2018–Present
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, Member, 2017–Present
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member, 2017–Present
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Camp, Summer Camp Counselor, 2008–2012
- Cabin Leader, 2009–2012
J.D., cum laude, Valparaiso University School of Law, 2017
B.A., History, Purdue University, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana