Ashi Colina represents the interests of her clients in criminal and civil government-related matters, including fraud, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act (FCA) and qui tam actions, Stark Law, and RICO. She also represents financial institutions and companies in complex commercial and business litigation.
With experience in all phases of the litigation and appellate process, Ashi works with her clients to ensure they are informed throughout the litigation process.
Ashi previously served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Rita B. Garman of the Illinois Supreme Court and a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Anne M. Burke of the Illinois Supreme Court. Ashi also served as a Special Assistant State's Attorney at the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, conducting countless criminal trials for the state.
While attending law school and leveraging her fluency in Spanish, Ashi studied abroad in Argentina, focusing on international criminal and business matters. She also worked as a bilingual litigation paralegal for a financial corporation, an insurance company, and a plaintiff's firm, where she managed and investigated coverage, commercial, product liability, and personal injury cases.
In addition to her academic accomplishments, Ashi was involved in a number of associations and activities. She held several leadership roles with the Student Bar Association and Phi Alpha Delta (P.A.D.) Law Fraternity International, and was also a member of the Business and Commercial Law Journal, P.A.D.'s Society of Scholars, the Appellate Moot Court Society, and the National Trial Team.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
Honors & Awards
- DePaul University College of Law
- Chancellor's Award for Public Service
- Anthony A. DiGrazia Scholar
- Daniel P. Ward Scholar
- Dean's Achievement Scholar
- CALI Award in "Constitutional Law"
- CALI Award in "Litigation"
- Dean's List
- Jessica Beth Rufa Memorial Award
- Mock Trial: Best Defense Counsel
Ashi is a Chicago native who enjoys a fit and healthy lifestyle and maintains her personal training and nutrition certifications while competing in weight-lifting and bodybuilding competitions.
- Loyola University Chicago
- Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, Guest Lecturer
- Allow Good
- Chicago Spirit Brigade
- League of United Latin American Citizens (L.U.L.A.C.)
M.P.P., University of Chicago, 2021
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2019
B.S., Loyola University Chicago, 2016
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana