Aram Bloom is a seasoned health care attorney. He counsels clients on a variety of health care transactions and licensing and regulatory compliance matters, helping them understand the complexities unique to regulated entities. Aram has handled property and equity transfer transactions, as well as matters involving state and federal anti-kickback statutes, on behalf of many health care clients. He regularly advises pharmaceutical companies, distributors, wholesale vendors, compound pharmacies and providers operating in the alternative, aesthetic, anti-aging and hormone replacement spaces. Additionally he represents clients and serves on several advisory boards for cannabis related business nationwide. Aram frequently serves as outside general counsel to businesses in health care and related industries, including assisted living and rehabilitation and recovery facilities and home healthcare entities.
In addition to his extensive health care experience, Aram has represented corporate and individual clients in jury and non-jury civil litigation matters in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Fluent in Spanish, Aram provides guidance on establishing U.S. operations for his clients outside the U.S., including those headquartered in both Spain and Latin America. He also advises foreign governments, including the government of Spain, in navigating the U.S. court system and serves as general counsel for several Latin American and European medical device manufacturers, importers and distributors.
Aram has a history of successful representation across a variety of industries. Prior to joining Hinshaw, he practiced at firms throughout Florida, as well as Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Aram was also a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Ronald R. Lagueux of the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island before entering into private practice. During law school, he worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Bruce M. Selya of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member 2003–Present
- Florida Bar Association, Member, 2009–Present
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County, Member, 2009–Present
- Obtained for his client, a pharmaceutical distributor, a successful conclusion to investigation by the Federal Food and Drug Administration, preventing his client from facing civil fines and possible criminal penalties.
- Successfully recouped funds for South American investors that were induced into participating in fraudulent loan and investment scheme involving financing of medical machinery and equipment.
- Set up and structured a nationwide anti-aging and hormone replacement provider, including detailed work on state specific regulations, federal regulations and internal and external contracts and waivers.
- "HIPAA for Lawyers and Law Firms," Nationwide Video Presentation, November 2017
- October 4, 2018
Aram spends his free time playing and watching soccer with friends and family and is a self-proclaimed master chef and "expert" in Spanish food and wine.
- South Tech Academy & South Tech Preparatory Academy, Board of Directors, Vice Chair
- Escuela Raices Waldorf, Puebla Mexico, Advisory Board Member
- San Francisco Waldorf School, Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- Florida Election Protection Team, Member
- Boca Raton Soccer League, Member
- Miami-Dade Latin American Baseball League, Player and Coach
- Independent and compounding pharmacy industry group, General Counsel
J.D., cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2003
B.A., Art History, Trinity College, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida