Aram Barikian concentrates his practice on complex business litigation representing businesses in commercial disputes, transactions, and general corporate issues. Aram handles all phases of litigation involving commercial litigation, government liability, and civil rights litigation. He has a proven track record of advocating for his clients while keeping them informed from inception to resolution of a matter.
Before joining Hinshaw, Aram was a senior attorney at two of the premier public defense offices in New York City, handling all phases of civil litigation arising out of the criminal justice system. Aram also spent several years as a staff attorney at an AmLaw top 20 firm, developing his legal experience. He conducted discovery and analyzed documents from public and private corporations and financial institutions on complex litigation tailored to government inquiries, including but not limited to SEC, FINRA, and DOJ subpoenas.
- The Florida Bar
- New York City Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- New York State Court Access to Justice Program – Pro Bono Service Award, 2011 – 2012
Civil Rights Litigation
- Represented a client against the City of New York and the New York Police Department (NYPD) for police misconduct and successfully negotiated a five-figure settlement.
Civil Forfeiture Litigation
- Defended a client in a civil forfeiture proceeding against the New York County District Attorney’s Office. As a key member of the defense team, negotiated and secured the release of $300,000 of seized property.
- Successfully argued the denial of a preliminary injunction for nuisance cause of action in New York Supreme Court in Morningside Association LLC v. Batista, 2020 NY Slip op 3361 (U), 2020 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 10096 (Sup. Ct. NY. Cty. 2020).
J.D., City University of New York School of Law
B.A., Political Science, Manhattan College
- New York