Anthony Remick defends the interests of clients in litigation, focusing on matters involving insurance coverage, commercial transportation, and general liability. With a background that includes more than a decade working for a trucking company as a dispatch manager, Anthony has a deep understanding of the issues his clients face. He leverages this experience to provide them with strategic solutions and also help them manage and understand risks.
As part of his experience litigating cases involving commercial vehicle accidents, Anthony has handled allegations of Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) violations. While serving as the primary counsel for a local trucking company, he assisted with a number of employment, liability, and property issues, including employee handbooks, insurance procurement, and commercial property lease agreements. Anthony has also worked on railroad-related litigation involving Federal Employee Liability Act (FELA) claims.
In the area of insurance, Anthony has advised on first-party claims requiring coverage opinions and examinations under oath. He has also provided counsel on claims involving subrogation.
Before joining Hinshaw, Anthony furthered his litigation experience with firms in Minneapolis. Most recently, he practiced with a Minneapolis-based civil and business litigation firm. During his tenure, he worked extensively on commercial transportation litigation. He also handled personal motor vehicle accidents, property subrogation, premises liability and first-party insurance claims.
- Defense Research Institute
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Honors & Awards
- University of Minnesota Law School
- Dean's List
- Insurance Coverage
- Obtained a favorable summary judgment ruling in Waseca County District Court of Minnesota related to Minnesota's application of a "pollution exclusion" clause to an explosion caused by the release of methane gas. The case involved an in-depth analysis of multiple states' application of the "pollution exclusion" clause and how various courts treated and categorized methane gas.
- Defended a national commercial carrier facing a $17.1 million demand to reach a pre-suit settlement in a wrongful death case involving accusations of FMCSA and DOT regulation violations and a claim for punitive damages.
- "New Lawyers Spotlight: What is the most vital piece of technology for your practice?," Hennepin Lawyer, January/February 2019
Outside of the office, you can find Anthony spending time with his wife and two daughters. Together they enjoy cooking, soccer, casual bike rides, and playing new board games.
- Henry Sibley High School, Career Guidance Mentor