Annmarie Giblin concentrates her practice on the legal issues surrounding cyber, privacy, and insurance. She provides proactive cyber legal defense, third-party vendor legal risk management, cyber incident response, and emerging technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence. Annmarie also advises clients on best practices and compliance with privacy and cyber laws and regulations, and related contract issues, including drafting unique contract language to address emerging and novel legal issues.
Annmarie also advises on coverage for exposures arising out of emerging technology, digital, and compliance risks. She counsels insurers on cyber insurance product development, policy wordings, and silent cyber issues.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Annmarie was the principal of Giblin Law PLLC. She advised clients on cyber and privacy law, related consultant work, and all types of general litigation. While attending law school at night and working full-time, Annmarie served on the Junior Bar of the Moot Court Honor Society.
- American Inn of Court
- Women in Cyber Leadership
Honors & Awards
- St. John's University School of Law
- CALI Award in "Torts"
- Dean's List
- Developed a cybersecurity and privacy legal framework for a national traffic control and logistics company, which included analyzing and addressing the company’s data collection practices; data privacy and security policies, controls, and procedures; call center data collection policies and procedures; third-party vendor risk management data risks, policies, and procedures, and drafting all of the necessary polices to support the cybersecurity risk framework and related data collection surrounding privacy and security legal issues.
- Drafted cyber insurance policy language and related endorsements for a multi-national insurance company.
- Advised and assisted a financial services company in the negotiation and drafting of its third-party vendor contracts, including cloud providers and virtual event providers.
- “Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms in Contract Development: New FTC Guidance and European Commission Regulations,” Strafford, August 2021
- “How Artificial Intelligence will Impact Contract Law,” Indianapolis Bar Association CLE, June 2021
- “Silent Cyber Coverage: The Loudest Part of a Non-Cyber Insurance Policy,” Giblin Law PLLC, Webinar, June 2021
• “AI in the EU: An Overview of the EU’s AI Strategy and How it will Impact Multi-National Contracts,” Parlay Pro Future of Contract Series, May 2021
- “SEC Cyber Enforcement Update,” Citibank Private Equity, Client Event, May 2021
- “Silent Cyber Risk in your Supply Chain: How to Identify and Address Cyber Risk from Third Party Vendors,” St. John’s University School of Law, April 2021
- “E-Contracts: Enforcement and Liability of Contracts Created by AI,” Parlay Pro Future of Contract Series, April 2021
- “Cryptocurrency: Defining the Regulatory Risk,” The Risk Management Association BSA/AML Operational Risk Counsel Roundtable, March 2021
- “Cybersecurity for Parents,” Garden City PTA Parent Academy, February 2021
- “Ransomware: Cyber and Regulatory Concerns,” The Risk Management Association, January 2021
- “E-Contracts: How Artificial Intelligence Will Change Everything,” Parlay Pro Future of Contract Series, January 2021
- “Lincoln Computer Services Cybersecurity Roundtable,” Lincoln Computer Services, June 2019
- “The Right to be Forgotten: Data Privacy in a World of Connectivity,” The New York International Law Review, April 2019
- “Wine and Wealth: Cybersecurity,” Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC, April 2019
- “Cybersecurity and Its Financial Impact on the Family Office Today and in the Future,” Pepper Hamilton LLP, Family Office Event, February 2019
- "Challenges and Opportunities in Cyber,” Citibank, Private Dinner and Dialogue Event, November 2018
- Moderator, “Cyber Threats within Financial Services and What We Can Do to Protect Ourselves,” SIFMA’s Internal Auditors Society Annual Conference, November 2018
- “Cybersecurity Without Obscurity,” Bernstein Family Office Event, November 2018
- “Cyber and its Financial Impact on the Family Office Today and in the Future,” BDO Family Office Event, October 2018
- Instructor, “The Regulatory Environment: Local and Global Enforcement,” Chubb’s Cyber COPE Program, October 2018
- “Hacker and Threats,” Opal Group’s Cyber Security Summit 2018, July 2018
- “Building Holistic Compliance Strategies to Navigate the Complexities of State Regulation,” ALM Media LLC’s CyberSecure 2017 Conference, December 2017
- Moderator, “Cybersecurity for the Family Office,” Family Wealth Report’s Family Office Cybersecurity Summit, September 2017
- “Cybersecurity Basics CLE,” Tennessee Bar Association’s 2017 Annual Review, Knoxville, August 2017
- “Cybersecurity Basics CLE,” Tennessee Bar Association’s 2017 Annual Review, Memphis, August 2017
- “Cybersecurity Basics CLE,” Tennessee Bar Association’s 2017 Annual Review, Nashville, August 2017
- “Cybersecurity for the Family Office,” Clearview Financial Media’s 2017 Family Office FINTECH Summit, February 2017
- “Cybersecurity and Financial Service Briefing,” Global Women’s Innovative Network, June 2016
- “Privacy: Bridging the Gap between Third Party/Vendor Risk Management and Cyber Resiliency,” The Risk Management Association’s 10th Annual Governance, Compliance, and Operational Risk Conference, April 2016
- Organizer, “Cyber Law Symposium CLE Weekend,” St. John’s University School of Law, February 2016
- “GDPR: European Regulation with Global Reach – A Simplified but Sophisticated Overview for U.S. Companies,” Chubb, June 2018
- “Cybersecurity Basics for the Family Office,” Family Wealth Report, September 2016
- December 21, 2021Annmarie Giblin brings previous in-house and private practice experience in cybersecurity and data privacy matters
Annmarie is married and has two young children, who keep her young and age her mercilessly. She is an avid reader and an amateur chef. She loves movies, crafting with her kids, and spending time with her friends and family. After growing up and living in Queens, New York, Annmarie recently moved to Long Island and is enjoying not having to parallel park anymore.
- Garden City PTA, Member
- Legislation Committee, 2020-present
- Technology Committee, 2021-present