Andrew Angeles defends professionals and corporations in a wide range of liability matters. With experience that includes legal research and drafting motions, orders and final judgments, Andrew is involved in all phases of litigation, ensuring his clients are informed each step of the way.
Prior to joining Hinshaw as an associate, Andrew was both a law clerk and summer associate with the firm. During law school, he gained invaluable experience from clerkships, including several firms in the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as the San Francisco City Attorney's Office Energy and Telecommunications Team. In addition to learning critical litigation skills, Andrew worked with technology companies, assisting with corporate legal matters such as entity formation, contracting, and employment issues.
Having obtained an environmental law concentration during law school, Andrew also has deep knowledge of environmental law, energy law, and land use. As a student, he was involved in a number of activities and associations. In addition to serving as the Executive Acquisitions Editor for the Hastings Environmental Law Journal, he was a member of the Hastings Environmental Law Association. Andrew was also involved with the UC Hastings Pilipino American Legal Society and served as the group's co-president.
Before law school, Andrew received a master's in public policy with a certificate in political campaigning. During the program, he worked for a California Congressman, contributing to and assisting with drafting H.R. 3263, the Battery Storage Innovation Act.
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Barristers Club
Honors & Awards
- University of California – Hastings College of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in "The Government Lawyer"
- Dean's Merit Scholarship
- Towne Scholarship
- Co-Author, "Data Privacy Compliance for You and Your Clients: Understand Your Liability and Risks with New Privacy Laws," DRI's For the Defense magazine, April 2020
- "Reforming Natural Gas Fracking Regulations in 2017 – 2018: How Should States Enforce Regulations," Environmental Claims Journal, May 21, 2018
- Alabama Civil Appeals Court Holds Error in Judgment Rule Requires Expert Testimony to Establish Standard of CareMay 5, 2020Lawyers for the Profession®
- Utah's District Court Dismisses Malpractice Action Against Florida Firm Based on Lack of JurisdictionApril 22, 2020Lawyers for the Profession®
- February 20, 2020
In his free time, Andrew is very active and enjoys cycling, surfing, rock climbing, running, hiking, and camping.
During his undergraduate studies at the University of Chicago, Andrew was on the varsity swim team and served as a co-captain for two years. As a student-athlete, he was recognized as an NCAA Scholar All-American and also received the UAA All-Academic Recognition Award. Andrew was also included on the dean's list for multiple semesters.
J.D., University of California – Hastings College of Law, 2019
M.P.P., Harris School of Public Policy at the University of Chicago, 2016
B.A., with general honors, University of Chicago, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California