Ali Iftikhar represents businesses and individuals in litigation, focusing on cases involving product liability. His background further includes handling a wide range of civil, commercial, construction defect, and insurance defense litigation matters.
Having grown up in Karachi, Pakistan, Ali has an understanding and appreciation for different cultures and points of view that people bring into any given situation. He uses this insight to assist his clients in navigating any issue that may arise while seeking an effective and efficient resolution on their behalf.
Driven by a desire to help others, Ali leverages his legal and business-related insights to assist his clients. Ali's knowledge and experiences also allow him to not only alleviate the concerns of his clients, but ensure they are informed from a case's inception to its resolution.
Before joining Hinshaw, Ali furthered his experience at civil defense firms throughout South Florida. Most recently, he practiced at a firm in Miami. While there, Ali represented large corporations and insurers in litigation involving a wide variety of issues. He also previously worked in the field of litigation support, and was employed with a prominent financial institution, working in wealth management.
In law school, Ali was a law clerk and intern for Americans for Immigrant Justice and The Council on American Islamic Relations. He also served as Vice President for the Federal Bar Association's Miami Law Chapter, and was an active member, writer, and participant of Equity Playhouse, a stage-acting group for law students.
- Broward County Bar Association
- Coral Gables Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Represented a large general contractor client in a multi-million dollar lawsuit stemming from construction defect claims related to post-tension cabling systems; concrete slabs; deficiencies in stucco application and other considerable defective conditions. Case settled.
- Represented a prominent developer in a multi-million dollar lawsuit brought by a homeowner's association. The case involved a luxury condominium building in Miami with defective construction that was discovered after turnover, and once said association took possession of the property.
- Represented a large general contractor in a claim made for non-payment by the owner/developer under the construction agreement signed with the developer for a huge project in the Brickell area in Miami. Defended the contractor against the counterclaims made by the developer alleging fraud and improper billing practices on the part of the client.
- Represented a school bus operations company in a $40 million lawsuit brought by the guardians of a permanently injured, minor plaintiff, stemming from a catastrophic incident involving an automobile accident between one of the client's school buses and plaintiff's vehicle. Case settled for an amount much lower than initially demanded.
- Represented multiple defendants in multiple high-value cases involving negligent security claims for incidents occurring at numerous condominium and apartment buildings across South Florida.
- Represented a prominent ride-sharing application in a lawsuit brought by one of their partner-drivers seeking compensation for an assault by a third-party passenger suffering from acute mental conditions. Plaintiff was claiming entitlement to uninsured motorist benefits under a novel theory that would regard the assailant passenger as an uninsured motorist. Defense prevailed on a summary judgment on this issue.
- Represented a national grocery store and supermarket chain in a workers' compensation claim brought by three employees for loss of appendages and serious permanent injuries related to the operation of an allegedly defective meat saw.
Obsessed with sports, Ali is a lifelong fan of Manchester United, the Miami Dolphins and Miami Heat, the South African Springboks Rugby Team, and the Ferrari Formula One team. He also enjoys cricket since he grew up watching it and playing it while living abroad for a large portion of his life, and is a die-hard Pakistan cricket team supporter.
Ali also considers himself to be very funny, even if others seemingly disagree, and has attempted stand-up comedy multiple times at various locations, with varying degrees of success. He also thoroughly enjoys beating friends and strangers alike at poker, pool, and darts.
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2015
B.A., University of Miami, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida