Alexandrea Kinzinger represents the interests of both individuals and corporations in the healthcare industry. A former Associate General Counsel for a private correctional healthcare company, Alex has extensive experience navigating corporate legal issues and HIPAA regulations. She has also handled civil rights and medical malpractice litigation.
Alex's background before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP further includes working for the Champaign County Public Defender's Office in Urbana, Illinois as an Assistant Public Defender. There, she specialized in misdemeanor and felony traffic cases and carried a caseload of more than 200 cases per month.
During law school, Alex was a student attorney with the Tulane Law Domestic Violence Clinic. She also worked as a law clerk for an intellectual property firm in New Orleans and interned with the NCAA in Indianapolis. In addition to her other academic accomplishments and activities, Alex was a member of the Tulane Sports Law Society and served as the Senior Notes and Comments Editor of the Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Women in Law Committee
- "Law and Order: Reducing Practitioner Liability," Advanced Correctional Healthcare Medical Advisory Meeting, Peoria, Illinois, December 2018
- May 8, 2020Health Care Alert
- Guidance for Medical Practitioners on the Resumption of Elective Surgeries and Expansion of Non-Coronavirus Service OfferingsMay 8, 2020Health Care Alert
Outside of work, Alex enjoys playing recreational sports, completing Sudoku puzzles in pen, and relaxing with her dog, Guinness.
- Junior Achievement, Volunteer
- Junior League of Peoria, Member