Alec Zavell defends clients in a broad range of civil litigation, focusing on personal injury and property damage matters. He has worked on cases involving automobile accidents, premises liability, negligent security, and wrongful deaths. Involved in all phases of litigation—from discovery to motion practice and trial—Alec is committed to working with his clients to ensure they are informed throughout the process. He handles the drafting of pleadings, discovery requests, and various pre-trial and trial motions, as well as the preparation needed for depositions. Alec's experience further includes counseling clients on issues involving insurance, labor and employment, and administrative and regulatory law.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Alec practiced at a firm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. While there, his practice focused on matters involving healthcare regulation and hospital licensure. He began his legal career as a law clerk at a plaintiff’s personal injury firm in Ft. Lauderdale.
In addition to his academic accomplishments during law school, Alec was involved in a number of activities and honor organizations. He was an active member of the Nova Law Review, serving as the Assistant Lead Technical Editor, as well as the Nova Moot Court Society, where he was the Director of Operations.
- Broward County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- The Florida Bar
Honors & Awards
- Shepard Broad College of Law - Nova Southeastern University
- CALI Book Awards in "Torts," "Lawyering Skills and Values II," "Non-Profit Organizations," Criminal Procedure," "Professional Responsibility," and "UCC Sales"
- Dean's List
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- "Florida's Certificate of Need Program Turns to Certificate of Want," Daily Business Review, September 12, 2019
J.D., summa cum laude, Shepard Broad College of Law - Nova Southeastern University, 2017
B.B.A., magna cum laude, Florida Atlantic University, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida