Victoria Glidden devotes a substantial portion of her practice to health care reimbursement and revenue cycle performance including accident claim management, hospital lien claims, state and federal regulatory policies and compliance including Internal Revenue Code Section 50I (r), vendor service contracts, and Business Office training programs. She counsels providers in completing Community Health Needs Assessments and developing Implementation Strategies to address the significant community needs identified.
Ms. Glidden assists medical providers on substituted decision-making issues including power of attorney and surrogate issues, obtaining the appointment of a guardian, and related discharge planning matters.
Her practice also includes the collection of commercial and consumer debts. She has represented creditors and bankruptcy trustees in proceedings throughout the Northern Illinois Region and frequently defends preference claim actions.
Ms. Glidden's representative clients include OSF Healthcare System, Freeport Memorial Hospital and Freeport Regional Health Care Foundation, Midwest Medical Center, Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System, Kawasaki Motors Finance Services Corp. and Byron Bank.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in November 1989, Ms. Glidden was a staff attorney for Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, responsible for the collection of student loan accounts.
OSF College of Health Sciences, Peoria, Illinois, Board of Directors (2017–2019)
Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Board of Directors (2013–2017)
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing, Rockford, Illinois, Board of Directors (2011–2018) and Chair (2016–2017)
Honors & Awards
- Member of the Leading Lawyers Network Advisory Board
- Member of the Leading Lawyers Network, recommended by her peers in a statewide survey to be among the top lawyers in the state of Illinois in Commercial Collection Law
- Leading Lawyer Magazine Women’s Edition featured her on its cover, in an editorial profile, and in its list of the Top 50 Women Downstate Lawyers, 2015
- Leading Lawyer Magazine Women’s Edition included her in its list of the Top 50 Women Downstate Lawyers, 2010
- Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability
Ms. Glidden often speaks on issues relating to her areas of practice. Her presentations have included:
- "Medicaid Contracted Payors: What are they, who regulates them, and how do they affect provider reimbursement," HFMA McMahon-Illini Chapter, January, 2016.
- "Regulatory Issues Facing Illinois Tax-Exempt Hospitals," Hinshaw's Annual Health Care Conference, Lisle, Illinois, November 2012.
- "Guidance for Assessing and Addressing Community Health Needs to Stay Tax-Exempt," Hinshaw's Annual Healthcare Conference, Lisle, Illinois, November 2011.
- "Tax Exemption After Health Care Reform and Provena," Hinshaw's 2010 Health Care Conference, Lisle, Illinois, November 2010.
- "Managed Care Contracting Issue or Illinois Hospital's Uninsured Patient Discount Act (Charity Care Update)," Hinshaw's 2009 Health Care Conference, Lisle, Illinois, November 2009.
- "Form 990 Compliance," Hinshaw's 2008 Health Care Conference, Lisle, Illinois, November 2008.
- "Obtaining and Maintaining Property and Sales Tax Exemptions," Hinshaw's 2007 Health Care Conference: Current Issues Affecting the Governance and Management of Hospitals and Health Systems, Oakbrook, Illinois, November 2007.
- "Wage Assignments, Wage Deductions and Support Orders," and "Health Care Law Update," at Hinshaw's 2005 Breakfast Seminar Series, Rockford, Illinois, March 2005.
- "President Barack Obama Appoints Dr. Donald Berwick to Head the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services," co-author, American Health Lawyers Association Email Alert, July 2010.
- "Mental Health Parity Interim Regulations Upheld by Federal District Court," co-author, American Health Lawyers Association Email Alert, July 2010.
Health Law by Hinshaw: News and Insights for Health Care Industry Executives and Professionals
- Obamacare Reform Watch: Reimbursement Strategies in an Environment of Growing Out-of-Pocket Costs and an Expanding Self-Pay PopulationFebruary 22, 2017Health Law Alert
- February 16, 2017Health Law Alert
- January 26, 2015Health Law Alert
- January 26, 2015
- Office of Illinois Attorney General Adopts New Rules Regarding Hospital Financial Assistance Applications and PoliciesAugust 8, 2013Health Law Alert
- July 2, 2012Health Law Alert
- July 22, 2011
- April 1, 2011Health Law Alert
- April 20, 2010Hinshaw Health Law Alert
J.D., cum laude, Indiana University, 1988
B.A., Indiana University, 1979
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois