Victoria Glidden devotes a substantial portion of her practice to health care reimbursement and revenue cycle performance including accident claim management, hospital lien claims, state and federal regulatory policies and compliance including Internal Revenue Code Section 50I (r), vendor service contracts, and Business Office training programs. She counsels providers in completing Community Health Needs Assessments and developing Implementation Strategies to address the significant community needs identified.
Vickie assists medical providers on substituted decision-making issues including power of attorney and surrogate issues, obtaining the appointment of a guardian, and related discharge planning matters.
Her practice also includes the collection of commercial and consumer debts. She has represented creditors and bankruptcy trustees in proceedings throughout the Northern Illinois Region and frequently defends preference claim actions.
Vickie's representative clients include OSF Healthcare System, Freeport Memorial Hospital and Freeport Regional Health Care Foundation, Midwest Medical Center, Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System, Kawasaki Motors Finance Services Corp. and Byron Bank.
Before joining Hinshaw in the late 1980s, Vickie was a staff attorney for Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, responsible for the collection of student loan accounts.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2013 – 2017
Honors & Awards
- Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Co-Author, "President Barack Obama Appoints Dr. Donald Berwick to Head the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services," American Health Lawyers Association Alert
- Co-Author, "Mental Health Parity Interim Regulations Upheld by Federal District Court," American Health Lawyers Association Alert
- Obamacare Reform Watch: Reimbursement Strategies in an Environment of Growing Out-of-Pocket Costs and an Expanding Self-Pay PopulationFebruary 22, 2017Health Law Alert
- February 16, 2017Health Law Alert
- January 26, 2015
- January 26, 2015Health Law Alert
- Office of Illinois Attorney General Adopts New Rules Regarding Hospital Financial Assistance Applications and PoliciesAugust 8, 2013Health Law Alert
- July 2, 2012Health Law Alert
- July 22, 2011
- April 1, 2011Health Law Alert
- April 20, 2010Hinshaw Health Law Alert
- OSF College of Health Sciences, Board of Directors, 2017 – 2019
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing in Rockford, Illinois
- Board of Directors, Member, 2011 – 2018; Chair, 2016 – 2017