Thaddeus Harrell focuses his practice in labor and employment law, with an emphasis on workers' compensation defense. In protecting employer interests, Mr. Harrell focuses a large segment of his practice to taking depositions and attending mediations, hearings, and final merits hearings. Mr. Harrell has successfully tried and defended issues related to fraud and misrepresentation, as well as settled several cases regarding frivolous claims brought by employees against employers. Mr. Harrell's work representing employers' interest in workers' compensation claims encompasses a broad range of industries. In addition, Mr. Harrell has authored several labor and employment articles for the firm's Labor and Employment Blog.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in April 2014, Mr. Harrell was a law clerk with the firm. During law school, Mr. Harrell also clerked for the Honorable Winston Jackson, EEOC, in Chicago; for the Honorable William Alexa, Porter County Superior Court, in Valparaiso, Indiana; and in the Ft. Lauderdale City Prosecutor's Office, in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
"The Gig Economy – Avoid Misclassifying Workers and Understand Your Risks," Hinshaw's Annual Labor & Employment Seminar, Hilton Chicago-Northbrook, Northbrook, Illinois, October 12, 2017
- In Victory for Employers, NLRB Overrules Browning-Ferris Joint Employment Test
- Florida Increasing State Minimum Wage by Two Percent
- EEOC Issues New Guidance on National Origin Discrimination
- NY Transit Agencies Escape Vicarious Liability for Contractors Alleged Discrimination
- Fourth Circuit Finds EEOC's Expert Report Unreliable Under Federal Rules of Evidence
- Court Vacates Summary Judgment Regarding Sex Discrimination and BFOQ Stating Reasons for Implementation were Arbitrary
Employment Law Observer
- May 3, 2016
- April 1, 2015
- March 2, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- October 1, 2014
- August 1, 2014
- June 2, 2014
In his spare time, Thaddeus enjoys traveling outside the country and playing soccer.
J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law, 2013
B.S., Biology, Barry University, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida