Rhonda J. Ferrero-Patten is a litigator who focuses her practice on tort defense and insurance coverage litigation, including automobile and premises liability, professional liability, medical malpractice, and construction accidents.
She has represented hospitals and individual medical professionals in litigation, as well as insurance companies in coverage disputes and other professionals such as architects, engineers, and accountants.
Ms. Ferrero-Patten joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in January 2003. Prior to joining the firm, she practiced with the law firms of Livingston, Barger, Brandt & Schroeder and Robert T. Varney & Associates, both of Bloomington, Illinois.
As an element of her training for professional negligence suits involving medical practice, Ms. Ferrero-Patten received an associate degree in nursing in 1985 and is a licensed Professional Nurse in Illinois. She teaches a Legal Issues in Nursing Class for the Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing Post Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Illinois Pattern Jury Instructions for Civil Cases
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Former Business Law Adjunct Professor
She has lectured to a range of professional groups on malpractice and litigation issues. Representative topics include:
- Protected Health Information
- Uninsured and Underinsured Arbitration in Illinois
- Medical records and Documentation for Nurses.
- Documentation and Malpractice Concerns for Physicians
- Legal Issues for Nurses
J.D., magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University, 1992
B.S., cum laude, Illinois State University, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois