Rafferty Taylor is a litigator who focuses her practice primarily in tort litigation, including cases involving products liability, pharmaceutical and medical device product defense, trucking and transportation litigation, and general liability matters. Rafferty has represented major pharmaceutical companies in complex products liability litigation and mass tort litigation. She has also acted as national counsel for several companies in matters involving high-exposure trucking and products liability litigation and manages this litigation throughout the country. Rafferty has significant experience managing, directing and coordinating complex litigation through joint-defense groups and local counsel across jurisdictions. She regularly handles a wide range of litigation activities, including discovery, motion practice, fact and expert witness preparation and depositions.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 2015, Ms. Taylor was a partner at a Ft. Lauderdale, Florida defense litigation firm.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Taylor was a summer clerk for the Honorable Jonathan W. Feldman, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York.
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
Honors & Awards
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Ft. Lauderdale's Finest Honoree 2015
- Litigated defense of a more than 7,000 case mass tort pharmaceutical litigation in state court on behalf of a multi-national pharmaceutical company.
- Litigated defense of multi-district pharmaceutical litigation in federal court, including successfully securing summary judgment.
- Acted as coordinating counsel and discovery liaison counsel for global headquarters of European pharmaceutical company in consolidated state and federal proceedings involving a number of pharmaceutical products.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in litigation arising out of a recall of surgically implanted spinal fixation devices.
- Successfully defended a publicly traded biotechnology company in pharmaceutical product liability claims involving cardiovascular risks in federal district court.
- Successfully defeated class certification in federal court in a product liability case involving allegations of environmental contamination valued at more than $1 billion.
- Successfully litigated defense of product manufacture of aerial lift in wrongful death litigation.
- Regularly acts as national and regional counsel for product manufacturers in catastrophic injury cases.
- Successfully secured summary judgment in federal court in multi-million dollar complex commercial reinsurance litigation.
- Ann Storck Center Ambassador
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
J.D., University at Buffalo School of Law, 2005
- Note and Comment Editor, Buffalo Law Review
B.S., Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida