Ofonedu-Ime Goodwyn is a real estate and commercial transactions attorney with exacting judgment, keen insights and a reputation for delivering exceptional work product. His practice focuses on corporate matters, secured lending transactions, and the acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing of real property. Mr. Goodwyn regularly represents closely held companies, national and regional lenders, and a diverse range of borrowers and developers in a variety of commercial matters.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in July 2013, Mr. Goodwyn was a real estate and litigation associate at Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo in Miami, Florida. He began his legal career at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan in New York immediately after graduating from Columbia Law School (CLS).
As part of a CLS Human Rights fellowship, Mr. Goodwyn served as a research intern with the Lawyer's Collective HIV/AIDS Unit, in Mumbai, India, where he developed an ongoing interest in social enterprise as a mechanism for community development.
From 2007 to 2009, Mr. Goodwyn accepted a position at his alma mater, George School, a Quaker college preparatory school in Newtown, Pennsylvania, to give back to his community by teaching and mentoring the next generation of young leaders.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida, Board of Directors
- National Bar Association, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
Honors & Awards
- Named to DiversityMBA's list of "Top 100 under 50 Diverse Emerging Leaders," 2018
- Selected by Legacy (formerly Success South Florida) magazine as one of "40 Under 40: Leaders of Today and Tomorrow," 2010
- "Attorney to Educator and Back Again," Daily Business Review, February 24, 2017
- Five Hinshaw Attorneys Recognized as DiversityMBA Top 100 under 50 Diverse Emerging and Executive Leaders for 2018September 17, 2018
- June 26, 2017
- February 27, 2017
- Hinshaw Attorneys Represent OKO Group in $54 Million Bayfront Land Purchase Adjacent to Missoni Baia in Miami's Edgewater AreaNovember 23, 2016
- October 9, 2014
- January 30, 2014