Mollie Kugler focuses her practice in Insurance Services, with particular emphasis on coverage claims and the defense and litigation of insurance matters for insurance company clients. Ms. Kugler also assists with business litigation and professional liability litigation. Ms. Kugler is involved in all phases of litigation, including formulating litigation strategy plans, handling various aspects of discovery, drafting and arguing motions, and settlement or trial.
Ms. Kugler began her legal career at a defense firm in Springfield, Illinois and later relocated to Milwaukee. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Ms. Kugler was an associate at an insurance litigation and defense firm in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. Ms. Kugler joined Hinshaw as an associate in 2015.
While in law school, Ms. Kugler served a number of internships and research assistant positions. She served as a legal intern for the Fordham Federal Litigation Clinic, a summer associate and law clerk at a New York City corporate and litigation firm, and a research assistant for Professor Jacqueline Nolan-Haley. In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Kugler was a board member of the Fordham Student Sponsored Fellowship and a member of the Fordham Law Review.
During her undergraduate studies, Ms. Kugler served as a Congressional Intern with the United States House of Representatives in Washington, D.C., and as a Presidential Intern in the White House Office of Presidential Correspondence.
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2017–Present
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Member, 2016–Present
- Insurance Law Committee, Member, 2017–Present
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Member, 2016–Present
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member, 2013–Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2011–2015
- Central Illinois Women's Bar Association, Member, 2011–2014
- President, 2013–2014
- Secretary and Judicial Reception Chair, 2012–2013
- Scholarship Chair, 2011–2012
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Member, 2013–2014
- Lincoln-Douglas Chapter of America Inn of Courts, Barrister, 2012–2014
- Sangamon County Bar Association, Member, 2011–2014
- "Navigating the Duty to Defend and the Initial Grant of Coverage," We've Got You Covered, Insurance Coverage in Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin Seminar, Madison, Wisconsin, May 2018
- Co-Author, "Defense Cost Issues Under D & O Policies," Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Spring 2018
- Contributor, "Allocation of Losses in Complex Insurance Coverage Claims," 6th ed.,Thomson Reuters, 2017
- "Recent Wisconsin 'Occurrence' Decisions Need Clarification," Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Winter 2016
- Co-Author, "Illinois" Chapter, Lobbying, PACs and Campaign Finance: 50 State Handbook, Thomson Reuters, 2014
Mollie has been active with the Junior League of Milwaukee since 2014. She previously served as the Chair of the Donor Relations Committee and currently serves on the Nominating Committee. She is also active within the Georgetown Club of Wisconsin, currently serving as Treasurer, and serves as the Chair of the Milwaukee area for the Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Program. She enjoys volunteering for various organizations in the Milwaukee area, both through and outside the Junior League of Milwaukee.
Mollie enjoys traveling, running, playing tennis, watching Georgetown basketball (some years), and spending time with family and friends.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2011
- Member, Fordham Law Review
B.A., cum laude, Georgetown University, College of Arts and Sciences, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin