As an insurance services attorney, Mollie Kugler represents and counsels insurance companies in litigation and disputes. Her clients benefit from her extensive coverage claims experience and her comprehensive knowledge of the litigation process, from formulating strategy plans and handling discovery, to drafting and arguing motions, and settlement or—if necessary—trial.
A portion of Mollie's practice is dedicated to personal injury and property damage defense litigation, as well as commercial and business litigation. In addition, she works with self-insured clients and medical professionals and practitioners in professional liability matters, and has also advised clients facing legal malpractice.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Mollie was an associate at an insurance litigation and defense firm in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. She began her legal career at a defense firm in Springfield, Illinois and later relocated to Milwaukee.
While in law school, Mollie served a number of internships and research assistant positions. During her undergraduate studies, she was a Congressional Intern with the United States House of Representatives in Washington, D.C., and also a Presidential Intern in the White House Office of Presidential Correspondence.
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2017–Present
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Member, 2016–Present
- Insurance Law Committee, Member, 2017–Present
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Member, 2016–Present
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member, 2013–Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2011–2015
- Central Illinois Women's Bar Association, Member, 2011–2014
- President, 2013–2014
- Secretary and Judicial Reception Chair, 2012–2013
- Scholarship Chair, 2011–2012
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Member, 2013–2014
- Lincoln-Douglas Chapter of America Inn of Courts, Barrister, 2012–2014
- Sangamon County Bar Association, Member, 2011–2014
"General Counsel's Office: Legal Oversight of Business Operations," National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Midwest Zone, Continuing Legal Education, Chicago, Illinois, June 2018
- "Navigating the Duty to Defend and the Initial Grant of Coverage," We've Got You Covered, Insurance Coverage in Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin Seminar, Madison, Wisconsin, May 2018
- Co-Author, "Defense Cost Issues Under D & O Policies," Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Spring 2018
- Contributor, "Allocation of Losses in Complex Insurance Coverage Claims," 6th ed.,Thomson Reuters, 2017
- "Recent Wisconsin 'Occurrence' Decisions Need Clarification," Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Winter 2016
- Co-Author, "Illinois" Chapter, Lobbying, PACs and Campaign Finance: 50 State Handbook, Thomson Reuters, 2014
Mollie enjoys traveling, running, playing tennis, watching Georgetown basketball (some years), and spending time with family and friends. She also enjoys volunteering for various organizations in the Milwaukee area, both through and outside the Junior League of Milwaukee.
- Junior League of Milwaukee, Member, 2014–Present
- Nominating Committee, Member
- Donor Relations Committee, Former Chair
- Georgetown Club of Wisconsin, Member
- Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Program, Member
- Milwaukee Area, Chair
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2011
- Member, Fordham Law Review
B.A., cum laude, Georgetown University, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin