Matthew Hevrin defends the interests of his clients in virtually all manner of business transactions and commercial litigation matters. He focuses a majority of his practice on banking-related litigation. Recognizing the ever-evolving complexity of the financial industry, Matthew helps clients navigate legal and regulatory developments.
Over the course of his career, Matthew has worked with many national and state financial institutions and businesses. In addition to advising on all areas of workout and debt collection—including complex commercial foreclosures, secured transactions, replevins, and general collection litigation—Matthew has substantial experience representing creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings, including preference claim defense and adversary litigation contesting discharge. He has also advised clients on Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) issues and defends financial institutions in litigation involving alleged regulatory violations.
Leveraging his extensive and diverse experience, Matthew strives to assist clients with all their litigation, transactional, and corporate needs—including corporate, real estate and lending matters. In addition to drafting complex loan documentation, he represents condominium associations and counsels clients concerning residential and commercial real estate purchases, sales, financing, and leasing, as well as mechanics liens and eminent domain issues.
Matthew's background further includes working with businesses on transactions involving stock and asset sales. He also handles probate matters, including will and trust contests.
Since joining Hinshaw, Matthew has been an integral part of the firm's leadership. In addition to being a member of the Executive Committee and Diversity Committee, he is the Partner-in-Charge of Hinshaw's Rockford office.
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Holds the Notable Rating by Martindale-Hubbell for Strong Ethical Standards
- October 9, 2017
- September 20, 2016
- May 18, 2016Appointments Serve to Re-Generate and Add to Diversity of Firm Leadership
- May 18, 2016
- American Red Cross
- Northwest Illinois Chapter, Board of Directors, Vice Chairman
- Prairie Hill School District, Board Member
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council, Board Member
J.D., cum laude, Northern Illinois University, 1998
B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana