Margaret, "Meg," Nash focuses her practice in the areas of professional liability defense and insurance coverage, with a focus on the defense of attorneys, law firms, and real estate professionals. She also has substantial experience in consumer financial services, and is well versed in the loan modification and foreclosure processes in Massachusetts. In addition, Ms. Nash has experience representing clients in matters involving employment law, product liability, and premises liability in Massachusetts and Rhode Island state and federal courts, as well as administrative hearings.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in September 2015, Ms. Nash began her legal career as an associate at a regional trial and business law firm headquartered in Boston, where she also served as a law clerk and summer associate during law school. Also during law school, Ms. Nash was an intern for the Honorable Justice Bonnie McLeod-Mancuso, Suffolk Superior Court, in Boston.
Ms. Nash's law school accomplishments include having been a member of the Dean's List all three years. She was named a New England Scholar in her first year and served as Treasurer and President of New England Law Boston's branch of the American Civil Liberties Union. Ms. Nash practiced as a student attorney with an SJC 3:03 Certification at New England Law Boston's Clinical Law Office, where she advocated for clients at Social Security hearings and in probate court.
She spent a summer in Galway, Ireland studying international human rights and humanitarian law.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- DRI Marijuana Law Committee, Marketing Chair
- Federal Prohibition of Marijuana Restricts Lenders Ability to Issue Loans to Borrowers Employed in Marijuana Industry
- Second Circuit Says No to Unilateral Revocation of TCPA Consent to Contact, Citing Contract Principles
- Positive Result for Employer: New Jersey Federal District Court Holds No Duty to Waive Drug Test for Medical Marijuana Patients
- UPDATE: Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Patient Can Sue Employer for Discrimination
- Rhode Island Superior Court Decision Holds that Employers Cannot Refuse to Hire Medical Marijuana Cardholders
- May Employers Weed Out Medical Marijuana Patients Through Drug Testing? Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Will Weigh In
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
Employment Law Observer
- August 17, 2017
- February 13, 2017
- October 28, 2016
Pro-Bono Legal Clinic Coordinator for Hinshaw Boston
- Shelter Legal Services, Cambridge Multi-Service Center, Volunteer, 2010
J.D., cum laude, New England Law Boston, 2012
B.A., cum laude, Sociology Based Human Relations, Connecticut College, 2006
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts