Kyle Lawrence focuses his practice on personal injury and property damage defense litigation. He has managed cases in the areas of medical malpractice defense, general civil litigation, premises liability, municipal law, insurance defense, appellate law and workers' compensation. Kyle has experience in all phases of litigation, from conducting legal research and drafting detailed motions and briefs, to defending depositions and arguing motions before the court.
In addition to his law practice, Kyle serves as Judge Pro Tempore for the Honorable Judge Hawkins in Lake Superior Court on numerous occasions.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Kyle practiced with a Chicago-based firm, working primarily from the Schererville, Indiana location. He also spent more than two years with a litigation firm in Hammond, Indiana.
During law school, Kyle gained experience through a variety of clerkships. He was a law clerk for a Louisville-based firm, the Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council and a prosecuting intern for the Porter County Prosecutor's Office in Valparaiso, Indiana. In addition to his other law school accomplishments, Kyle participated as an oralist and brief writer in the Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition and was Marshal of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, Member, 2017–Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2015-Present
- Lake County Bar Association, Member, 2014–Present; Board Member, 2016–Present
- Young Lawyers Section, Chairman, 2016–Present
When he isn't volunteering his time at local elementary schools teaching law lessons, Kyle enjoys traveling—especially to Georgia to visit his brother. He also likes running at the beach with his dog and cheering on the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
- Lake County Superior Court Civil Division 1, Judge Pro Tempore, 2015-Present
J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2014
- Merit Scholar
B.A., with distinction, Law & Society, Purdue University, 2011
- National Honor Society, Alpha Kappa Delta
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Indiana Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana