Kyle Eidsness solves complex problems and works to minimize legal risks for clients of all sizes. He represents and counsels businesses, their owners, and HR professionals in a wide variety of commercial, contract, and employment matters, and devotes a significant portion of his practice to protecting their interests in litigation. Kyle's broad litigation experience includes prosecuting and defending employment contracts, real estate, shareholder, and construction disputes, defending claims of legal and professional malpractice, and defending claims of FMLA, ADA and MHRA violations. Additionally, Kyle devotes a part of his practice to life, health and disability litigation, both ERISA and non-ERISA.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Kyle litigated business and commercial disputes with the Minneapolis office of a national litigation firm. He began his legal career as a law clerk for the Honorable James T. Swenson, Chief Judge of Hennepin County District Court, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Prior to his legal career, Kyle worked as a scientist in a medical device laboratory at the University of Minnesota Medical School, and spent a ski season living in Colorado.
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Minnesota Super Lawyers magazine, 2018
- Obtained complete defense verdict in five-day breach of contract jury trial
- Obtained summary judgment on claims of fraud and deceptive trade practices on behalf of residential lending and building client
- Obtained dismissal of breach of contract claims on behalf of national real estate client
- "Minnesota and Wisconsin Case Law Update," Construction Law and Insurance Forum, Marsh USA/Foley & Mansfield, September 2013
- "Eighth Circuit Confirms Computerized Legal Research Recoverable as Component of Reasonable Attorneys’ Fees and Costs," Attorney at Law Magazine, September 2016
- "The Customer Is Always Right in FINRA Employment Disputes," Attorney at Law Magazine, January 2015
- "Developer's Directors in Common Interest Communities," Attorney at Law Magazine, May 2014
Kyle enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, fishing in the region's many lakes and rivers, and teeing it up on the local golf courses. Kyle is also an avid baseball fan, following the Minnesota Twins and minor league baseball.
- Tubman Safety Project (2015 – Present)
- Volunteer Lawyers Network (2012 – Present)
- Loaves & Fishes (2008 – Present)
- East River Mews Homeowners Association, Vice President (2012 – 2015)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Twin Cities (2012 – 2014)
J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 2011
- Editor, Cybaris, an Intellectual Property Law Review
- Staff Member, William Mitchell Law Review
B.S., Biology, University of Puget Sound, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota