Kourtney Mulcahy is an intellectual property attorney with significant experience managing both domestic and International trademark portfolios. She is particularly skilled in the implementation of cost-effective trademark clearance, procurement, and protection strategies. Kourtney's experience touches all areas of trademark law, including: domain name issues, right of publicity, social media, digital and print advertising and marketing. She has not only represented clients before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, but around the country in trademark/trade dress infringement, dilution, cybersquatting, counterfeiting and unfair competition claims.
Kourtney also handles licensing matters for clients—drafting and negotiating license agreements—in the areas of entertainment, technology, sports, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, consumer products, manufacturing, food products, healthcare, retail, restaurant, financial, commercial, educational and charitable services.
Kourtney joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP upon law school graduation. She has over 15 years of experience with the firm.
As an undergraduate, Kourtney was a member of the University of Illinois Women’s Golf Team from 1993 to 1997, and an Academic All Scholar Winner (formerly called Academic All American) in 1996.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2017)
- Recognized as an "Emerging Lawyer" by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2015, 2016)
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine. (2010)
- "Challenges in Defending IP in the Age of the Internet," co-author, Chapter 8, Thompson Reuters Westlaw’s Aspatore Books publication entitled, "Managing Intellectual Property in Cyberspace: Leading Lawyers on Developing an Effective Internet IP Strategy," 2012 edition
- "Lanham Act Extended for Trademark Infringement Occurring in Foreign Nations," Inside Counsel, February 22, 2011
- August 25, 2011Intellectual Property Update
- February 23, 2010
Kourtney has a variety of interests, including sports, art appreciation, theater and volunteering.